Monday, November 16, 2009

Thing #15: The Wonderful World of Wikis

I edited the Google section of the APSU sandbox because Google has by far been my favorite gadget. I took a screen shot of my calendar to insert as an example of one of the tools you could use, but I could not figure out how to insert it into the page, although it seemed like you could insert almost anything else!

I think wikis could be very beneficial and educational in a controlled setting. Obviously many consider their biggest flaw to be their lack of security. As a teacher, you could limit the access so only your class is able to edit the content. It could be a great way to incorporate new technology into group projects - no more poster presentations! And you are able to monitor who edits what, and when.

No comments:

Post a Comment