Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thing #10: Too Simple?

I chose to use Google Reader because I already have an account with google and check it almost compulsively throughout the day.

The first three blogs I subscribed to were no-brainers because I visit the sites daily anyway. They are FMyLife, MyLifeIsAverage, and S***MyDadSays. After subscribing to them, I felt like I needed something with a bit more substance, so I subscribed to Huffington Post, a collection of news, blogs, and videos about politics, media, business, entertainment, living, style, the green movement, world news, and comedy. The final blog I stumbled upon was Faces in Places, which is updated everyday with a photo of a face found in an everyday place.

At first, I was hesitant about grouping all my blogs in one, easy-to-access location because I tend to visit the first three sites as a way to kill time when I should be doing other things... Who wants to make killing time more efficient? But as I looked around at all the other blogs I could subscribe to, I realized how useful this tool could be when you want to check out a large number of different sites. I also like that there is a way to organize your blogs into different folders, so if you have a group that are about education, and another group about cooking, you can keep them seperate. This could be really helpful in school if you create collections of blogs about a topic you are researching or teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment