Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thing #7: Flickr


Mr. Postman, originally uploaded by funkydixiegirl.

This is a picture I took a few years ago of my ex-boyfriend's cat, Poster Nutbag (bonus points if you understand that reference). I tweeked the color and exposure a little with the Picnik editor.

Apparently, I have a tendency to sign up for things and never bother using them. When I went to the Flickr site, I saw you could use your Yahoo! id to log in. I tried my old email address (which I surprisingly could remember the password for!), and realized I had uploaded 15 pictures in October of 2006...

I think Flickr has always intimidated me. Unlike other online photo sites, Flickr seems more artistic; more of a place to show off artwork than share pictures of your family. For this reason, I could see myself using Flickr as a source for pictures to decorate my classroom or illustrate a lesson with, but doubt I will start using it for my personal photos. I did have fun with the photo editor (Picnik) Flickr has, so if I'm ever feeling artsyfartsy, I may upload some more pictures to play around with.

I did have a Webshots account once too, but I would get a little creeped out when I would log in and see that my pictures had been viewed 657 times in the past week... I don't think I even know that many people! Now I tend to put my personal pictures on Facebook. I doubt it's any more secure than Webshots or Flickr, but I like having them linked directly to a social networking site that a lot of my friends and family already have an account with.

No comments:

Post a Comment