Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thing #8: Do the Mash



My personal favorite application was the PopArt Creator. I don't know how you could use it in the classroom, but it makes my picture look like a poster I could buy in a store!

The Commons on Flickr provide access to pictures of historical events from the Library of Congress. These would be invaluable in giving students a concrete reference point while teaching history.

Montager is another cool thing you could use Flickr for in the classroom. You simply type in a word and it creates a montage of different images with that tag.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pop art application too. I want to print off some of my creations from pop art and hang them on my wall. I think they would even make good gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right - they would make great gifts! My mom saw mine and assumed it was really complicated to make.. I'm tempted to not explain it to her and make her one for Christmas :-p

    ReplyDelete